Introducing Kobo, Our New eReading Partner
We’ve partnered with Kobo to bring you the best in eReading. Kobo offers over 3 million eBook titles — including best sellers, hidden gems, and Indie Next List great reads — that can be downloaded instantly over WiFi, making it the ultimate in convenience. Take your library with you wherever you go — Kobo eReaders store up to 1,000 eBooks.
When you create an account with Kobo through our website you can shop for books just like you would in our store. Once you download their free app to your smartphone, desktop, or tablet, your eBooks, PDFs, ePubs, and even your bookmarks are in sync — start on one device and pick up on another and never lose your place.
Kobo has released a line of new eReading devices, including Kobo Mini and Kobo Glo. These devices offer everything you already love about reading, like a no-glare E Ink screen that displays like print on paper. Click to set up a Kobo account and with each Kobo eBook you purchase, you’ll be supporting this store.
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.