Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- Penny Noyce, "Magnificent Minds" (Andover)(38 days)
- Ann Hood, "Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting" (Billerica)(45 days)
- Susan Levin, "Unlocked" (Andover)(46 days)
- Laura Van Den Berg, "Find Me" (Andover)(53 days)
- Moira Linehan & Mary Pinard, An evening of Poetry (Andover)(73 days)
- Nancy Thayer, "The Guest Cottage" (Billerica)(74 days)
- Ellen Cooney, "The Mountaintop School for Dogs and Other Second Chances" (Billerica)(86 days)