Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- Ben Clanton, Dana Alison Levy, & Paul Czajack, Children's event! (Andover)(7 days)
- Michael Nethercott, "Seance Society" (Andover Historical Society)(26 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Andover)(33 days)
- Richard Rubin, "The Last of the Doughboys" (Memorial Hall Library)(43 days)
- Paul Charles, "Down on Cyprus Avenue" (Andover)(45 days)
- Book Fair to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (Andover)(52 days)
- Michael Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Andover)(84 days)