Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- Spooktacular Story Time (Andover)(2 days)
- Stories & S'more's (Andover)(2 days)
- Richard Rubin, "The Last of the Doughboys" (Memorial Hall Library)(10 days)
- Paul Charles, "Down on Cyprus Avenue" (Andover)(12 days)
- Howie Carr, "Plug Uglies" (Andover)(16 days)
- Book Fair to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (Andover)(19 days)
- Michael Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Andover)(51 days)