Donald Hubbard visits Andover Bookstore
to talk about "Then Russell said to Bird…"
Thursday, December 5th at 7:00pm
"Then Russell said to Bird…"
Whether heard inside the Boston Celtics locker room or on the basketball court, conversations from the long history of the beloved team are recorded in this unique collection of insider accounts. Fans get a behind-the-scenes peek into the private world of the players, coaches, broadcasters, and executives through firsthand anecdotes, quotes from speeches, and highlights of how the team handled both their struggles and their victories. From the 1950s and 1960s dynasty to the years of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish, and from the 2008 Championship title to today, these are the stories that fans hope to hear, presented together in this fun glimpse of what it was like to be among the Celtics greats.
About the Author – Donald Hubbard is a practicing attorney in
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.