Small Business Saturday 11.29.14
What is Indies First?
Indies First is a year-round campaign in support of independent bookstores that brings authors and independent bokstores together to promote the shop local message.
How is the Andover Bookstore participating in the Indies First Campaign this year?
We are thrilled to announce tha tthis year on November 29 (Small Business Saturday), local author Christopher Golden & his daughter, Lily, have volunteered to help us spread the shop local message!
Christopher Golden is a #1 New York Times Bestselling author whose work includes Snowblind, Of Saints and Shadows, and the Baltimore series of graphic novels. He is also known for his many media tie-in works, including novels, comics, and video games, in the worlds of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hellboy, Angel, and X-Men among others!
Christopher & Lily Golden will be at the Andover Bookstore from 11am – 3pm on Saturday, November 29, and are happy to provide customers with book recommendations! Christopher would also be happy to sign any of his titles for our customers!
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community — where they belong.
- The Environment
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- The Community
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors — support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- Indies First with Christopher Golden! (Andover)(6 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Spirit)(7 days)
- Nicholai Belzer, "Only the Lonely" (Andover)(7 days)
- Dorothy Stephens, "A Door Just Opened" (Spirit)(10 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Andover)(12 days)
- Kathleen Duble, "Madame Tussaud's Apprentice" (Andover)(13 days)
- Eyal Oren, "Wednesdays in Marblehead" (Spirit)(13 days)
- Mike Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Spirit)(14 days)
- Michael Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Andover)(20 days)