The Book Rack Bookstore
52 State Street, Newburyport, MA 01950
Fall Hrs: Mon-Thurs: 9am-7pm | Fri-Sat: 9am-9pm | Sun: 9am-6pm
The Book Rack is an independent, community-oriented bookstore located in beautiful downtown Newburyport, Mass. We carry a full range of fiction and non-fiction titles, an extensive selection of greeting cards, children’s books and gift items. We are happy to search for out-of-print books and make special orders for you. We gift wrap year round and offer gift cards if you can’t decide what to buy for that special person. Of particular interest is our collection of 'Staff Picks' and our selection of books on the history of the North Shore.
The Book Rack was opened in 1972 by a lovely southern woman named Mrs. White. She ran the store successfully until the desire to retire to her beloved home state of Georgia moved her to sell the store to Robert W. Hugo, owner of the Spirit of ’76 Bookstore in Marblehead, Mass. in 1988. Twenty-six years later, Mr. Hugo still owns the Book Rack along with his Marblehead store and the Andover Bookstore in Andover, Mass.
- Indies First with Christopher Golden! (Andover)(2 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Spirit)(3 days)
- Nicholai Belzer, "Only the Lonely" (Andover)(3 days)
- Dorothy Stephens, "A Door Just Opened" (Spirit)(6 days)
- Sean Stellato, "No Backing Down" (Andover)(8 days)
- Kathleen Duble, "Madame Tussaud's Apprentice" (Andover)(9 days)
- Eyal Oren, "Wednesdays in Marblehead" (Spirit)(9 days)
- Mike Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Spirit)(10 days)
- Michael Lewis, "The Great Pirate Christmas Battle" (Andover)(16 days)