The Book Rack Bookstore
52 State Street, Newburyport, MA 01950
Winter Hrs: Mon-Thurs: 8am-7pm | Fri-Sat: 8am-8pm | Sun: 8am-5pm
The Book Rack is an independent, community-oriented bookstore located in beautiful downtown Newburyport, Mass. We carry a full range of fiction and non-fiction titles, an extensive selection of greeting cards, children’s books and gift items. We are happy to search for out-of-print books and make special orders for you. We gift wrap year round and offer gift cards if you can’t decide what to buy for that special person. Of particular interest is our selection of books on the North Shore and nautical topics.
The Book Rack was opened in 1972 by a lovely southern woman named Mrs. White. She ran the store successfully until the desire to retire to her beloved home state of Georgia moved her to sell the store to Robert W. Hugo, owner of the Spirit of ’76 Bookstore in Marblehead, Mass. in 1988. Twenty-two years later Mr. Hugo still owns the Book Rack along with his Marblehead store and the Andover Bookstore in Andover, Mass.
- Jeffrey Harrison, "Into Daylight", and Kathleen Aponick, "Bright Realm" (Andover)(5 days)
- Robert Forrant, "Lawrence and the 1912 Bread and Roses Strike" (Andover)(19 days)
- Claudia Turner, "Scars and Stripes Forever" (Andover)(21 days)
- Susan Gregg Gilmore, "The Funeral Dress" (Andover)(26 days)
- Scott Helman & Jenna Russell, "Long Mile Home" (Andover)(26 days)
- Julia Glass, "And the Dark Sacred Night" (Andover)(31 days)
- Gene Ferraro, "Ordinary Evil" (Andover)(40 days)