The Book Rack Bookstore
52 State Street, Newburyport, MA 01950
Winter Hrs: Sun-Thurs: 10am-6pm | Fri-Sat: 10am-8pm
The Book Rack is an independent, community-oriented bookstore located in beautiful downtown Newburyport, Mass. We carry a full range of fiction and non-fiction titles, an extensive selection of greeting cards, children’s books and gift items. We are happy to search for out-of-print books and make special orders for you. We gift wrap year round and offer gift cards if you can’t decide what to buy for that special person. Of particular interest is our collection of 'Staff Picks' and our selection of books on the history of the North Shore.
The Book Rack was opened in 1972 by a lovely southern woman named Mrs. White. She ran the store successfully until the desire to retire to her beloved home state of Georgia moved her to sell the store to Robert W. Hugo, owner of the Spirit of ’76 Bookstore in Marblehead, Mass. in 1988. Twenty-six years later, Mr. Hugo still owns the Book Rack along with his Marblehead store and the Andover Bookstore in Andover, Mass.
- Penny Noyce, "Magnificent Minds" (Andover)(41 days)
- Ann Hood, "Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting" (Billerica)(48 days)
- Susan Levin, "Unlocked" (Andover)(49 days)
- Laura Van Den Berg, "Find Me" (Andover)(56 days)
- Moira Linehan & Mary Pinard, An evening of Poetry (Andover)(76 days)
- Nancy Thayer, "The Guest Cottage" (Billerica)(77 days)
- Ellen Cooney, "The Mountaintop School for Dogs and Other Second Chances" (Billerica)(89 days)